Tangy Herb-Crusted Rack of Lamb
photo by Sageca
- Ready In:
- 1hr 37mins
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 4 garlic cloves, finley chopped
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 racks of lamb, frenched
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, stir together the lemon zest, garlic, rosemary, thyme, and 1/4 cup olive oil. Spread the mixture evenly over the racks of lamb. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Season the racks of lamb with salt and pepper. In a large ovenproof saute pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 Tb olive oil. Add the lamb and cook until browned on both sides, about 7 minutes total.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and cook until the lamb is well browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the racks, away from the bone, registers 130F for medium-rare, about 15 minutes, or until done to your liking.
- Transfer the racks to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Carve into individual chops and serve the lemon wedges alongside.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Success! I made my Dh a Rack of Lamb lover with your recipe! It cam out spectacular! I used fresh herbs and finished cooking it in my toaster oven; so easy to prepare. Used 1 rack and it served 2 but...next time we each get a rack. Did not used lemon; was afraid it would take away for the taste. Thanks so much. I made this fo WT5. Rita
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I work full-time as a School Psychologist in Michigan. Besides the kids, one of the best aspects of the job is summer vacation, when I can concentrate on doing more of the things that I like to do---like look up recipes and play games on Recipezaar!!! I married my wonderful and handsome husband, Sean, in August 2007. He is becoming a wonderful gardender and tends to both our veggie and herb gardens. We really enjoy cooking with our own fresh ingredients. We most often cook together, so my reviews typically reflect our joint opinions. He's the better cook, so I pick up a lot of my techniques from him. My other interests include reading (now that I have time), Irish dancing (I've taken a class for the last several years), "appreciating" wine (I use the term very loosely), and listening to and going to see Irish bands (I love the Pogues). I also enjoy travelling, especially around Western Europe, where I have been multiple times. One of my favorite places is Italy, and Sean and I had a great time on our honeymoon eating, drinking, and sightseeing in the Cinque Terre and in Tuscany. This July 2009, we expanded our horizons to Eastern Europe and visited the Czech Republic, Slovenia, and Croatia. Two of my favorite dishes on the trip were Croatian: fish brodet and Hvarska gregada. I am looking forward to trying my hand at making them at home as I see that someone on Zaar, who is Croatian, posted recipes for both! Besides my husband, the other lights of my life are my cats: Chloe, Pip, and my newest ragdoll cat, Giselle, all of whom I absolutely adore. <a href="http://s341.photobucket.com/albums/o388/courjen/?action=view¤t=PipChloe_web.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o388/courjen/PipChloe_web.jpg" border="0" alt="Pip and Chloe"></a> <a href="http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o388/courjen/Giselle_zaar.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o388/courjen/Giselle_zaar.jpg" border="0" alt="Giselle"></a> I've participated in the following events: <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg" border="0" alt= "Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/calendar%20clips/Copyofsoybean.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%204/ZWTAB-tg.gif" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> I most recently had the privelege of being on the ZWT5 Team, the Sultans of Spice, with a great group of people. We came in second place! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/participantbannerzwt5.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src=http://home.insightbb.com/~webdesign5/Logo1a.jpeg>