Recipe by 810036
A colorful side dish that my family likes with Chinese food. Similar to the one served with SmartOnes Orange Sesame Chicken dinner. Healthy and sweet to counter the spicy chicken.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges
Directions See How It's Made
- In a frying pan over medium heat, saute onion and peppers in oil until tender.
- Add rice; stir until lightly browned.
- Add broth, orange juice, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in oranges.