Top Review by catmaniacs
Made as written, then my husband, niece and I tasted, and added a few more seasonings and 2 Tbsp. concentrated tomato paste. This makes a LOT...I am thinking more like 12 servings, especially if most of the people eating are little ones. Thanks for the recipe!
- 1 lb beef, ground
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups water
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 4 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked (16 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- In 4-quart saucepan, brown ground beef until almost done; drain off excess fat. Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is tender but not brown.
- Stir in water, beef broth, tomato sauce and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Add elbow macaroni and return to a boil.
- Cover and cook, stirring frequently, 12 minutes or until elbow macaroni is tender.
- Salt and pepper to taste; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.