Baked Chorizo Cheesy Mac
Simple way to make the best comfort food!
- Ready In:
- 1 (12 5/8 ounce) package kraft four cheese homestyle Mac n' Cheese Deluxe
- 8 ounces chorizo sausage, cooked
- 2 tablespoons 30% extra-light vegetable oil spread
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Prepare Mac n Cheese according to directions. Stop before step 3. Crumble Chorizo in skillet and cook 7 minutes on medium heat. Tilt pan to drain grease off meat. Combine Macaroni, cheese sauce, and chorizo in loaf pan. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and bread crumb topping. Bake at 425 degrees for 8 minutes. Serve hot!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Knew when I saw chorizo added to mac n cheese, that we would love this, and we did. I did, however, not make it even more rich (or change the texture) by adding more cheese and breadcrumbs and baking it. We also started with half the chorizo, since we knew ours is really spicy, and it turned out it was spicy, but just right. In case you are confused by the ingredients, you do need to have the milk and margarine on hand, but they are the ones listed in the directions on the package, not in addition to that (breadcrumbs are included in the package/not listed in the ingredients). Thanks for sharing your idea of adding chorizo to mac n cheese - it is a great one!1Reply