Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 lb beef, ground
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups water
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 4 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked (16 oz)
- In 4-quart saucepan, brown ground beef until almost done; drain off excess fat. Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is tender but not brown.
- Stir in water, beef broth, tomato sauce and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Add elbow macaroni and return to a boil.
- Cover and cook, stirring frequently, 12 minutes or until elbow macaroni is tender.
- Salt and pepper to taste; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
This is wonderful! Fast, simple easy dish that everyone (no matter how picky) loved!
Made as written, then my husband, niece and I tasted, and added a few more seasonings and 2 Tbsp. concentrated tomato paste. This makes a LOT...I am thinking more like 12 servings, especially if most of the people eating are little ones. Thanks for the recipe!
Here is another recipe that is simple to make. Also it will make it to the table quickly on those busy weeknights. Just add a little S&P. Made for THE ALL YOU CAN COOK BUFFET - Winter Special Event