1/1 Photo of Old Fashioned Rice Pudding
1 hr 15 mins
Lady Fiona711's Note:
Here is an old Rice Pudding receipe I got from my mother, that she got from her mother, who brought it to the U.S. from Czechlosovkia. I think the Nutmeg is the secret ingredient to it's unique flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Separate the eggs. Putting the egg yolks in a large bowl and the egg whites in a smaller bowl.
- 2In large bowl mix egg yolks, sugar, milk, salt, and vanilla until well blended. Add steamed rice.
- 3In small bowl beat egg whites until stiff and stand in peaks.
- 4. Fold beaten egg whites into egg, milk mixture, pour into 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle top with ground nutmeg.
- 5Bake in 350 degree oven for 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- 6Serve warm with Vanilla Ice Cream or cold from the refridgerator.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.6
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 105.2 mg
- Sodium 379.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 31.3 g
- Protein 9.1 g