Here is an old Rice Pudding receipe I got from my mother, that she got from her mother, who brought it to the U.S. from Czechlosovkia. I think the Nutmeg is the secret ingredient to it's unique flavor.
- Separate the eggs. Putting the egg yolks in a large bowl and the egg whites in a smaller bowl.
- In large bowl mix egg yolks, sugar, milk, salt, and vanilla until well blended. Add steamed rice.
- In small bowl beat egg whites until stiff and stand in peaks.
- . Fold beaten egg whites into egg, milk mixture, pour into 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle top with ground nutmeg.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with Vanilla Ice Cream or cold from the refridgerator.