Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
Wonderful sweet little oatcakes! My husband's mother made them for him as an occasional breakfast treat, but they're sweet enough to be dessert.
- Melt the butter in a 10 inch skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in sugar with a wooden spoon.
- Let it bubble together for 20 seconds, taking care not to let it burn.
- Add oatmeal and stir over heat till it is golden brown.
- Remove from heat and stir in corn syrup.
- Pack mixture into 12 muffin tins, dividing equally.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours, or freeze 20-30 minutes.
- Loosen by running knife around edges, gently slide out.
These were very tasty, but a bit too buttery for my liking. Next time I'll try this with half the amount of butter and see how it turns out. I'd also want to try maple syrup instead of corn syrup.
These are very easy to make. They are sweet and crunchy. To me they are a bit bland but chocolate chips added next time will cure that!!
Nice little oatcakes. I made them to go on Christmas cookie trays. One thing I really liked was that they don't need to go into the oven while all the other cookies are baking. Next time I think I'd prefer them in mini muffin cups. Buttery with good texture.