photo by Lalaloula
- Ready In:
- Cream margarine and sugar.
- Mix in flour and oats and work into a paste. Moisten if necessary with a teaspoon of milk.
- Using a floured board, roll out about 7mm / 1/4 inch thick and cut into rounds.
- Put onto a greased baking tray.
- Bake just above middle in a moderately hot oven, Gas mark 5, 375 F, 190 C for 20 minutes, until pale brown.
- Take straight off baking tin on to a wire rack to cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I used butter and added a bit of honey, these came out like oatmeal shortbread. Just love them, and my family ate them up and wanted more. I have made this recipe several times and always play with it a bit, the results are always the same, they go fast and everyone wants to know where the rest are.