Recipe by nitko
This is traditional vegetable soup you can get almost in any better Croatian restaurant. There are some basic vegetables you put in it, but your imagination can work here.
- 200 g onions
- 200 g carrots
- 100 g parsnips
- 50 g celeriac
- 100 g cauliflower
- 150 g green peas
- 50 g cabbage (savory cabbage,2-3 leaves)
- 150 g kohlrabi
- 100 g tomatoes (optional)
- 50 g green peppers (optional)
- 40 g butter
- 10 g salt
- 5 g pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg (grounded)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme (dried)
- 3 cups stock (beef)
- 50 g sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely mince onion and sauté it on butter until translucent.
- In the meantime, cut and mince all vegetables into small pieces and put into sautéed onion.
- Add all beef stock, season with salt and pepper and cook 40 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Blend all vegetables with blender or stick blender into creamy liquid. Add thyme and nutmeg and cook 10-15 minutes.
- Add sour cream before serving. Serve hot with croutons.