Recipe by SaraFish
Rich-tasting comfort food that's easy and yummy! I like to have a salad and a piece of bread and I call it dinner! Serve as a side dish or a vegetarian entree!
Top Review by Terri F.
Sarafish, you have helped me conquer my fear of "tater tots"! Having picked up a bag by accident, I wondered what the heck I was going to do with them. (Never tasted one before). DH laughed as I told him we were having "Tater Tot Casserole", but after tasting agreed with me that it was great- very tasty- and we would have it again! I made the recipe exactly as written. I will play with cutting it down next time, as it makes a lot, and we are only 2. Thanks for an easy and delicious recipe. :o)
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 stalks chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half (or milk)
- 1 (32 ounce) packagefrozen frozen tater tots
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and celery in oil until tender.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Scrape into mixing bowl.
- Add soup, garlic powder, pepper, and half and half.
- Mix well.
- Add frozen tater tots (reserve a handful first) and toss well.
- Spray a casserole dish (I use my 13X9 square Pyrex baking dish) with Pam.
- Pour mixture into dish.
- Arrange reserved tots over top.
- Cover with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 45 to 50 minutes until cheese is melted and just barely starting to brown.
- Cool slightly before serving.