Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
They so simple and fun to make. Most importantly, they are great gifts to give away which make you look more like the baking guru than you actually are!
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Soften butter to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, sift flour, add baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy, beat in sugar and eggs.
- Add the vanilla.
- Stir flour mixture into the butter mixture, alternately with milk.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin tins which have been greased or lined with paper muffin cups.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
These are THE PERFECT blueberry muffins! I made them for my entire family, and a 2 dozen were gone in 10 minutes flat! Delicious, beautiful, and simple.
Oh My!! These are delicious!! I chose this recipe because it gave the option of frozen or fresh fruit. I used frozen, ran water over them to get the frost out and drained. Reserved 2 tablespoons of the flour to dredge the berries in before stirring into batter. I will try leaving them frozen next time and see what happens. They rose high, were tender with a slightly crispy outside. Fantastic!! 200 degrees C translates to 400 degrees F. I thought that was a bit high and set my oven (gas) to 350 degrees F. They took about 25 minutes. Muffingirl, thank you for the recipe! It's a keeper!! Merry Christmas!
We love the Blueberry muffins from Sweet Tomatoes, they are one of my five year old's favorite foods. When he took a bite of these muffins, he declared that they were better than ST's! I also love that I didn't have to pastry cut the shortening to make the texture good. Just don't over beat. We made a little bowl of butter whipped with fresh honey to go along with them & it also got rave reviews. Thanks for the recipe muffingirl!