They so simple and fun to make. Most importantly, they are great gifts to give away which make you look more like the baking guru than you actually are!
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Soften butter to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, sift flour, add baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy, beat in sugar and eggs.
- Add the vanilla.
- Stir flour mixture into the butter mixture, alternately with milk.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin tins which have been greased or lined with paper muffin cups.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
These are THE PERFECT blueberry muffins! I made them for my entire family, and a 2 dozen were gone in 10 minutes flat! Delicious, beautiful, and simple.
We love the Blueberry muffins from Sweet Tomatoes, they are one of my five year old's favorite foods. When he took a bite of these muffins, he declared that they were better than ST's! I also love that I didn't have to pastry cut the shortening to make the texture good. Just don't over beat. We made a little bowl of butter whipped with fresh honey to go along with them & it also got rave reviews. Thanks for the recipe muffingirl!
THEE BEST MUFFINS I'VE EVER MADE! Thanks a whole lot. I was so discouraged after my last round of baking that I never wanted to make another blueberry muffin. However, my son and fiance had already told his kindergarden class he'd be returning on Monday with muffins for everyon. I'm sooo thankful that I came across this recipe!!! Muffingirl you ROCK!!!