Microwave Blueberry Muffins
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached white flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup milk or 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Melt the honey and butter together. Stir in the milk, egg and lemon juice. Combine the wet ingredient and the dry ingredients and mix a little. Add the blueberries and mix gently until no white streaks of flour remain.
- Coat a plastic muffin tin or 6 1-cup Pyrex custard cups with nonstick cooking spray. Fill cups half full of batter. Microwave five or six at a time for about 2 1/2 minutes for an 1100-watt microwave. (Start checking at about 2 minutes.) When they look set, they're done. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes to firm up. Turn out of tins/cups.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Food writer, recipe editor, gear tester, restaurant reviewer in the US. Author, "Southern Cooking for Company" (HarperCollins 2015); :The All-New Square-Foot Gardening Cookbook"; "Seductive Tables for Two," and many other books, usually for other people, companies and groups. You probably have one of my books on your shelf. I love to talk about food.