Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from Woman's Day magazine (6/19/07).
Make and share this New England Seafood Chowder (Slow Cooker) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 leeks, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (white & light green parts only)
- 8 ounces red new potatoes, cut in eighths
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh corn or 1 (11 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of potato soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 8 ounces cod fish fillets, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 8 ounces raw large shrimp, peeled
- 1 cup milk
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Place leeks, potatoes and corn in a 3 1/2 qt or larger slow-cooker. Add soup, water, bay leaf, thyme and cayenne; mix gently.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours until potatoes are tender.
- Add seafood about 15 minutes before serving; heat until fish is just cooked through.
- Stir in milk; remove bay leaf and remove from heat.
- Serve in bowls with crumbled bacon over top.