6 hrs 15 mins
WI Cheesehead's Note:
This is from Woman's Day magazine (6/19/07).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 leeks, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (white & light green parts only)
- 8 ounces red new potatoes, cut in eighths
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn or 1 (11 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of potato soup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 8 ounces cod fish fillets, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 8 ounces raw large shrimp, peeled
- 1 cup milk
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1Place leeks, potatoes and corn in a 3 1/2 qt or larger slow-cooker. Add soup, water, bay leaf, thyme and cayenne; mix gently.
- 2Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours until potatoes are tender.
- 3Add seafood about 15 minutes before serving; heat until fish is just cooked through.
- 4Stir in milk; remove bay leaf and remove from heat.
- 5Serve in bowls with crumbled bacon over top.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New England Seafood Chowder (Slow Cooker)
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.3
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 95.2 mg
- Sodium 648.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 21.1 g