Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This is the recipe my mom made and I always looked forward to. It is different than most I have seen posted and is very easy to make. The gravy is delicious on mashed potatoes.
- 1 -2 lb boneless round steak
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons wine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat flour into steak.
- Sprinkle with salt& pepper.
- Place oil in large pan and heat; brown steak on both sides in pan.
- Remove steak from pan.
- Add onion to pan and cook until tender.
- Add catsup, water, worcestershire sauce, wine, garlic, sugar and mushroom soup to pan and blend.
- Bring to boil, then add steak and turn heat down to simmer.
- Simmer for about 45 minutes or until steak is tender.