Recipe by JAK
A delicious meatloaf made with lots of love - and Port wine, feta cheese, and black olives. I made this one up.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup port wine
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Knead together all ingredients except onion and port wine with hands or spatula until a meaty, dough-like paste is formed.
- Form into log shape on cookie sheet, press onions evenly into top of loaf.
- Drizzle port wine over entirety.
- Bake for approximately 1 and 1/4 hours; the port wine should carmelize with the onions.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 15 to 20 minutes before slicing into generous servings.
- For authenticity, serve this gourmet dish with ketchup.