My Favorite Meatloaf
photo by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
- Ready In:
- 1 lb real lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 tablespoon onion powder (powder gives stronger flavor) or 1/2 tablespoon minced onion (powder gives stronger flavor)
- 14 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup, approx
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Form into a loaf and place in a foil-lined bread pan. (There usually is about 2 inches of space on both ends between the meatloaf and the pan).
- Making sure the top is flat to insure even cooking.
- You can top it with extra ketchup, if desired.
- Bake at 425°F for 45 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this on 1/6/08 as part of "Comfort Food Photos".For the onions,I used 2 Tablespoons of dried minced.After mixing it al together,I baked it as directed.Then after 30 minutes I topped it with a little more ketchup,and then baked it for 15 more minutes.This is just the perfect size for two people with enough leftoves for a sandwich.All I can say is if you are looking for a "fancy shcmancy" meatloaf,you're going to have to look somewhere else.This is comfort food at it's finest.Thank you for posting.This will be made again,and "Keep Smiling :)"
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the changes to the email notifications and removal of private messaging, I am no longer able to respond to questions about my recipes. Yet another feature change that has made the website less user friendly. It's sad to watch a fantastic site deteriorate over the years. Some of my recipes are on my blog.