1/1 Photo of Mushrooms Stuffed With Spinach
From "The Best of Czech Cooking". I have not tried yet, but it sounds yummy! I am posting for ZWT 3.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wipe mushrooms clean and cut off the stalk ends if they are dirty. Pull the stalks apart from the caps and chop the stalks finely.
- 2Clean the spinach and blanch it in boiling salt water for 2 minutes. Remove, squeeze dry, and chop.
- 3Preheat the broiler.
- 4Fry the bacon in a pan until well done but not crisp. Add the onion and fry until almost golden, stirring occasionally. Add the chopped mushroom stalks and fry for a few more minutes.
- 5Take the pot off the stove. Mix in the spinach and marjoram. Mix in the egg yolks. Add some bread crumbs if the mixture needs thickening. Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Fill the mushrooms with the stuffing, cover with grated cheese, and broil 10 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushrooms Stuffed With Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.1
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 116.9 mg
- Sodium 237.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 12.1 g