Deconstructed: Mushrooms Stuffed With Spinach and Cheese
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (4 ounce) can portabellla mushrooms (chunky)
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach (cooked or drained according to package directions)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 onion, diced (small)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- salt and pepper
- grease a 1qt baking dish set aside; preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- drain mushrooms.
- Heat a pan place oil in it and when hot -- add stems, onions, cook 5 minutes or until onion is translusent.
- Add spinach, salt, pepper, minced garlic and pepper flakes, cook 3 minutes.
- remove from heat; stir in cheese and sour cream until incorperated.
- place mixture in baking dish and place in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a stay at home mom to two wonderful boys. My hubby is in the Navy and I am in the Army Reserve!