Delicious stuffed flank steak with a rich, tangy gravy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Flank Steak and Stuffing
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 lbs flank steaks
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces, drained and chopped (or 1/2 cup fresh, chopped)
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1Lightly salt and pepper both sides of the flank steak.
- 2Spread one side with mustard.
- 3To prepare stuffing, heat vegetable oil in a frypan, add onion and cook for 3 minutes until lightly browned.
- 4Add mushroom pieces and cook for 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in parsley, chives, tomato paste, and bread crumbs, then season with salt and pepper and paprika.
- 6Spread stuffing on mustard side of the flank steak, roll up jelly-roll fashion and tie with thread or string.
- 7To prepare gravy, saute bacon in a Dutch oven until partially done.
- 8Add the meat roll and brown on all sides, approximately 10 minutes.
- 9Add the finely chopped onions and saute for 5 minutes.
- 10Pour in the beef broth, cover Dutch oven, and simmer for 1 hour.
- 11Transfer meat to a preheated platter.
- 12Season pan juices in the Dutch oven with mustard, then salt and pepper to taste; stir in catsup.
- 13Serve the gravy separately.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Stuffed Flank Steak
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.8
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 105.5 mg
- Sodium 721.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 35.6 g