Spinach and Feta Cheese Stuffed Flank Steak
I made up this recipe, inspired by a pre-stuffed flank steak that I bought at Trader Joe's. I hope that it turns out as yummy for you as it did for me!
- Ready In:
- 2 medium flank steaks, each cut into a long, thick strip
- 2 cups frozen spinach, cooked in the microwave, and drained
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup red pepper, diced very finely
- 1⁄2 teaspoon milk
- Prehat oven to 325.
- Mix together in small bowl feta cheese, cooked spinach, diced red peppers, and milk.
- Fold flank steak strip into rounded steak, leaving a small hole in the middle.
- Stuff feta cheese mixture into hole in the middle of each steak. Hold steak in rounded position by placing toothpick in steak.
- Place steaks in roasting pan (without rack) and cover with foil.
- Bake in oven for 30-45 mins (depending on desired doneness), turning once, and removing cover with 10 mins left to cook.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, just before serving.
- NOTE: These can also be cooked on the grill: Grill over med heat for 10-15 mins per side.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION