1/1 Photo of Mom's Best Ever Turkey Meatloaf
1 hr 15 mins
Simply Chris's Note:
This recipe was modified from one I found in a cookbook published by "The Turkey Store". My family, and everyone I have ever served it too love it and can't believe that it is low fat, low cholesterol. And recently I started substituting oatmeal for bread crumbs since my husband's doctor put him on an even stricter diet than before. It is easy, there is no need to sauté the onions, bell pepper and garlic before mixing with the rest of the ingredients. It is also moist and very tasty. I usually serve with baked sweet potatoes and fresh green beans. It makes GREAT sandwiches the next day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup fat free egg substitute or 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic or 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup rolled oats, not instant oatmeal
- cooking spray
- 1Spray 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- 2Combine all ingredients except tomato sauce and 1 tbsp Worcestershire in large bowl and mix well.
- 3Add more egg if too dry, or add more oatmeal crumbs if too wet.
- 4Press turkey mixture into pan.
- 5Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes.
- 6Mix tomato sauce and remaining 1 tablespoon Worcestershire together in small bowl.
- 7Remove meatloaf from oven and pour tomato sauce mixture over meatloaf.
- 8Return to oven for an additional 15- 20 minutes.
- 9If using 99% Fat Free ground turkey breast meat, there is no need to drain fat before pouring tomato sauce on and returning to oven.
- 10If you use the regular ground turkey, which is about 7% fat you might want to drain the fat off before pouring the tomato sauce on the loaf.
Browse Our Top Oven Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Best Ever Turkey Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.1
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 70.3 mg
- Sodium 4992.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.4 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 47.5 g