photo by kellychris
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup quick oats
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat egg and milk together.
- Add cheese, oats, onion, salt, & pepper to milk/egg mixture.
- Mix in ground beef with your hands until all ingredients are incorporated well.
- Shape into 8 loaves and place into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Mix all sauce ingredients together and spoon over loaves.
- You may want to make extra sauce for after its done cooking!
- Place in 350 degree oven, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great recipe!!! As always, I can never leave a recipe alone - I added garlic and italian breadcrumbs :) It was really good. The sauce was just a little too sweet though - I think next time I'll use only 1/4 cup brown sugar. I really like how it's made for individual servings too! Thanks for another great recipe that I can add to my cookbook!!!
Oh so yummy! It is like eating a giant meatball with melted cheese inside! I used bread as a binder, no oats in the house. Also added onion and garlic powder, parsley flakes, parmesan cheese along with the cheddar. This is so much easier than making meatballs and just as flavorfull. Thank you for the idea!
see 1 more reviews