Mom's Famous Meatloaf
Yeah, I know...there's tons of meatloaf recipes out there, but I bet this is one of the easiest ones with lots of taste out there! I got this from a Kraft recipe booklet I got in the mail that I've tweaked a bit and it's pretty simple yet yummy.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (6 ounce) package chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In bowl, mix all ingredients except for 1/4 cup of the BBQ sauce. I use Sweet Baby Ray's.
- Line glass cake pan with tin foil.
- Put meat mixture into pan and shape into a loaf.
- Cover loaf with rest of BBQ sauce.
- Bake for 1.5 hours or until there's an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
- I usually make this and freeze it for members of my church who are sick and need help with cooking, so if it is frozen, it will need to be put in the oven (about the same temp.) for around 30-40 minute.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Hi! Just wanted to report what a hit this meatloaf was with my family and our two Hurricane Ike evacuees at dinner tonight. I used all the given ingredients (including the Sweet Baby Ray's brand sauce); but instead of using a glass pan lined with foil, I used a Pam-sprayed 9-inch Corning baking dish. I formed a rounded loaf--leaving a space between the loaf and the pan--and baked uncovered. The sauce caramalized nicely, enhancing the taste of the meatloaf. And who would have thought of using chicken-flavored stuffing mix in a meatloaf! Delicious! Thank you, Marla.Reply