Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was given to our family by my parents' Moldovan exchange student. It is a wonderful way to get some veggies in your diet. Very colorful too, so it gives a nice presentation. Enjoy!
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 5 small cucumbers, peeled & diced
- 2 italian bell peppers, cored,seeded & diced (pale green frying)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces feta cheese, grated coarsely
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, peppers, onion& parsley.
- Whisk oil, 3 T.
- vinegar, salt& pepper.
- Add to salad& toss.
- Cover& refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, taste& correct seasonings as desired.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese (don't mix it in).
So simple, so good! didn't change a thing about the recipe except to add a few red capsicum peppers as suggested. Will be fixing this often. Thanks for such a refreshing little salad.
Really simple and good. Just don't forget to peel the cucumbers like I did. Also I did use dried parsley, but put it in with the liquids to rehydrate several hours before blending with veggies.
This is not the sort of dish I usually go for, but I absolutely loved it as did my SO. I made it a day in advance and it kept very well in the fridge. I used 4 vine-ripened tomatoes, 2 medium Lebanese cucumbers, 1 red capsicum (pepper), 1 small/med red onion, Danish feta and everything else as listed. Thanks for a fantastic recipe I will make again!