Cucumber-Green Pepper Salad
This recipe has been in our family for years. My grandmother used to make it. We often take this along on picnics.
- Ready In:
- 3 large cucumbers, peeled, sliced thin
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- Toss together the sliced cucumbers, onions and peppers.
- Mix together vinegar, salt, sugar and celery seed.
- Pour over cucumber mixture.
- Put into plastic storge container with lid.
- Refrigerate overnight.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This brings back such "food memories" for me. Grandma used to always have some variation of these in the refrigerator in the summer made with her summer bounty of cucumbers or zucchini. We did not use the green pepper but everything else was followed. Thanks for reminding me just how good these are :)Reply
see 3 more