Moldovan Tomato, Cucumber & Pepper Salad
photo by Mercy
- Ready In:
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 5 small cucumbers, peeled & diced
- 2 italian bell peppers, cored,seeded & diced (pale green frying)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces feta cheese, grated coarsely
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, peppers, onion& parsley.
- Whisk oil, 3 T.
- vinegar, salt& pepper.
- Add to salad& toss.
- Cover& refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, taste& correct seasonings as desired.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese (don't mix it in).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This one is my favorite dish. So spice and delicious. I just made it at home with my mom & enjoy. I am following you and another website for recipes and cooking. Lat night I make russian salad recipe its taste so sweet. Sharing a link with you ( https://www.sooperchef.pk/russian-salad-recipe/ ). Videos of recipes and cooking also available on this website see it.
This is not the sort of dish I usually go for, but I absolutely loved it as did my SO. I made it a day in advance and it kept very well in the fridge. I used 4 vine-ripened tomatoes, 2 medium Lebanese cucumbers, 1 red capsicum (pepper), 1 small/med red onion, Danish feta and everything else as listed. Thanks for a fantastic recipe I will make again!
This was really fantastic. Good the night I made it, good at lunch the next day and dinner the next night. I used canned tomatoes, which I highly recommend unless you can get nice juicy ones at the store (I made this in October so that's really not an option this time of year) No mealy Roma's in this dish. I'm looking forward to doing it again!
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello, and welcome to my recipe collection online! My full-time career is that of Realtor...I was born & raised in the Mennonite faith all of my life. My husband was raised in the Amish faith. Together we have a very rich food heritage from both of our parents- much of which has been passed down through the generations - and I'm happy to share some of these recipes here with you! (including canning & freezing recipes) Hope you enjoy them!