Recipe by Janet Knowles
Easy to make (no standing around the stove long periods of time). Seasonings can be adjusted to taste.
Top Review by aefriedl
I was hankering for clam chowder but didn't want to go to the store for ingredients. Here was my answer! I had to substitute chicken broth for the bouillon and used dry parsley instead of fresh. This soup was excellent and a relief to my chowder cravings!
- 1 lb imitation crabmeat (can also use mock lobster)
- 3 large potatoes
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (I used salmon flavor but plain is OK)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, cook the bacon crisp, remove and leave the grease in the pot.
- Saute the onion and celery the bacon grease.
- Add 2 quarts water to the pot, add the potatos and boil till you can stick a fork in them easily.
- Turn the heat down and add the bouillon, cream cheese, crab meat and seasonings.
- Simmer about an hour,stirring often.