Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
a mixed rice recipe with orange flavoring, coated with parmesan cheese.
- 3⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup dried currant
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (3 ounce) packagegrated parmesan cheese
- Spread out pine nuts over baking sheet, and bake at 250 degrees for 10 minutes stirring once.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Pour orange juice over currants and set aside.
- Cook brown rice and white rice according to package directions, and mix well in a seperate bowl.
- Add pine nuts, currants, orange zest, parsley, olive oil, salt, and pepper to rice mixture, and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into sprayed baking dish, cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until well heated.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese and fresh parsley over top.
Lovely flavored dish. We enjoyed it very much. :)
I quartered the recipe just for me and used raisins. It turned out nice and I liked the flavors. Thanks Doug! Made for 123 Hit Wonders game.