This zesty lemon rice is the perfect side dish for your favorite fish dinner.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 cup uncooked rice, long grain
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 - 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT lemonpepper in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat.
- Cover pot and allow to simmer slowly for 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with lemonpepper before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made it and it was yummy!!! followed the directions other than, boiled some chicken broth, lemon and butter added some salt and pepper then added the rice (simmered for about 5 minutes) and it was Delicious!!! I made this as a side to home made tacos :) and my Husband loved it!! Lemon rice will now be on the menu1Reply
see 120 more