BBQ Chicken and Rice
photo by Dine Dish
- Ready In:
- 1 (12 ounce) jar barbecue sauce ("KC Masterpiece Hickory" is great, so is "Famous Dave's")
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups water
- Pour BBQ Sauce into pan, fill the empty bottle with tap water (or something fancier if you're"that way") and pour about half of it into the pan as well.
- Stir until blended over low-medium heat.
- Add thawed chicken.
- Cook chicken and sauce while stirring over medium heat until chicken is done, then turn down to low.
- Keep an eye on it and add more water from the bottle if needed.
- For rice, just add rice and water to a pan with a tight-fitting lid, bring to a boil, stir for a minute, and cook at medium heat for 30 minutes while COVERED.
- when everything's done, pile it on a plate and eat it up.
- Sometimes I add a dash or two of"Kick-Yo-Ass" hot-sauce for a little spice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 7 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
FEAST OF ALVIS EXTRAVAGANZA! Now Thru Alvistide! Come All Ye Faithful! Let's Laud and Behold Alvis Our Savior! Born Unto Thee This Alvisday! Country Ham and LIQUOR Free with $5.00 Donation for Alvis! (Our Lord)