Greek Rice With Cabbage and Tomatoes - Lahanorizo
photo by alvinakatz
- Ready In:
- 1 medium cabbage, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup long grain rice
- 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- Over low heat in a large skillet, sauté onion until just translucent.
- Increase heat to medium and add cabbage. Continue cooking until wilted.
- Add tomatoes and water.
- When in comes to a boil, add rice, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook until very little liquid remains and rice is tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!