Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
DH loves mushroom and also rice so when I saw this recipe on FoodNetwork.com from Paula's Home Cooking show I had to post it. Will be making this soon!
- 3 cups mixed mushrooms, chopped (white, portobello, shiitake, etc.)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 5 cups white rice, cooked
- soy sauce, to taste
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- In a large skillet saute mushrooms and onion in butter until soft.
- Stir in cooked rice, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and green onions. Cook until heated through and serve immediately.
This was excellent. It is easy to use too much soy, so I measured out a tablespoon. & was liberal with the mushroom allotment. I served this with #258852. it was a perfect combination.
Loved this mushroom rice - used shitake and baby bella mushrooms. Made my rice ahead of time in my rice cooker and halved the recipe. A really easy way to jazz up rice. Nancy : )
I love mushrooms, and this was the perfect recipe for a mushroom lover! I made this exactly as posted, using cremini, oyster, and shitake mushrooms. I added some low-sodium soy sauce first, then added salt in tiny increments until it was seasoned to my liking. Very easy to make and very delicious. Made for Culinary Quest 2014.