Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A Chatelaine Food Express Quickies recipe. This could be a side dish salad or a light vegetarian entree. Posted for ZWT6
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 19 ounces lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill or 2 tablespoons coriander, chopped
- 1 cup feta (to taste) or 1 cup goat cheese (to taste)
- Whisk olive oil with red wine vinegar, Dijon and salt.
- Stir in lentils, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, garlic and dill or coriander.
- Serve with feta or goat cheese crumbled over top.
Made this delicious salad tonight -- we really enjoyed it. I tried to find canned lentils (as it appeared that the recipe called for them), but could not so I cooked some dried lentils in vegetable broth. Loved the combination of all the veggies and of course, the feta. Will definitely make this salad again. Made for What's on the Menu tag, September, 2014.
I used the feta and dill, omitted the mustard (personal preference) and added some diced potatoes to make this into a meal. Everything went really well together and the flavors were very much enjoyed. I added capers to the leftovers, and they were super in it.
Very good! I love the dill in it.