Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Thats right, you cook it in the microwave! This came from a newspaper around 1994 and I'm still making it today. It is SUPER easy and delicious. We like to add steamed broccoli to ours when served. Enjoy.
- 1 1⁄3 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, more if desired
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- In a 2-3-quart mircowave-safe bowl cook butter/margarine on high for 1 minute.
- Add onion; cook on high for 3 minutes.
- Add potatos, water, and bouillon cubes; cook on high for 15 minutes.
- Using ladle transfer soup into electric blender.
- Holding lid on securely, blend until smooth.
- After blended, return to bowl, add cheese then stir in until melted.
- Serve immediately, add steamed broccoli florets as desired.
This was good, but keep in mind that if you have a low wattage microwave like I do, the potatoes will need about 25-35 minutes. Still, a lot more convenient that most soups.