I love Mexican Food! This is a tasty little side dish served at restaurants such as Chi Chi's, El Torito, and Chevy's Fresh Mex. This is more like a corn pudding, but I have known others to fry the dough into a pancake. Masa Harina, one of the ingredients, means corn flour. I have found it at major grocery chains or you can find it at a store that specializes in Hispanic foods. I could eat this for breakfast, lunch , and dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Whip butter and shortening in a mixing bowl and beat until creamy.
- 3Add Masa harina slowly and mix thoroughly.
- 4Add water until cookie dough consistency and mix.
- 5Blend in corn kernels.
- 6Mix cornmeal, sugar, whipping cream, baking powder, and salt separately in a large bowl.
- 7Add masa harina mixture and mix until blended.
- 8Grease an 8x10 square pan and pour mixture into pan.
- 9Cover pan with foil and bake.
- 10Bake 40-50 minutes at 350 until it is consistency of custard.
- 11Allow to stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- 12May serve with an ice cream scoop or cut into squares.
- 13You may use a food processor and add ingredients as specified above.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Sweet Corn Cake
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.9
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 30.6 mg
- Sodium 173.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 2.9 g