Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I use this stuffing for zucchini, yellow squash, peppers, or whatever veggie I want. Yum Yum Yum!
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn or 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3⁄4 cup cilantro, coarsly chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated
- 4 bell peppers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Brown the meat and drain off any fat. Stir in the salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, garlic powder, and red pepper flake.
- Add all of the other ingredients except for the peppers and stir to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice the peppers in half, remove seeds and ribs.
- Fill the peppers and place in a 9x13 baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Pull out and sprinkle with cheese. Continue baking uncovered until the cheese is just starting to brown. About 15 minutes.
This recipe was AWESOME! I can't wait to get some more peppers out of the garden and make it again. I hope it freezes well