Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
An easy dinner with lots of flavor. Serve with wedges of avacado and a dallop of sour cream.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can refrigerated crescent dinner roll
- 2 cups corn chips, crushed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook meat and onion and drain.
- Stir in seasoning, water, and corn.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Using crescent rolls, form a pie crust in a 9 inch pie pan, pressing seams to form shell.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of crushed corn chips over dough.
- Spoon meat mixture over chips, spread with sour cream and cover with cheese.
- Sprinkle with remaining chips.
- Bake approximately 25 minutes at 375 degrees or until crust is golden.
I really like this. I've made it a few times (forgot to review it) and never put in the corn chips. This is an excellent substitute to regular old tacos!
My six year old son just loved this!! We had enuf to have leftovers the next nite and he ate it all up!! Anything that gets my picky eaters attention gets 5 ***** from me! I felt he got most of his "food groups" in.