This is a quick and easy side dish with a little zip.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 small green pepper, cut in thin rings
- 1/2 small red pepper, cut in thin rings
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 green chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 3/4 cups whole kernel corn
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- salt and black pepper
- 8 fresh cilantro stems, to garnish
- 1Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add onion, bell peppers, chopped cilantro and chile.
- 3Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally or until soft.
- 4Stir in corn, mushrooms, salt and pepper.
- 5Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Transfer to a warmed serving dish and garnish with cilantro.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Fried Corn
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.1
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 158.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 2.2 g