Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick and easy side dish with a little zip.
Make and share this Mexican Fried Corn recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 small green pepper, cut in thin rings
- 1⁄2 small red pepper, cut in thin rings
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 green chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole kernel corn
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- salt and black pepper
- 8 fresh cilantro stems, to garnish
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, bell peppers, chopped cilantro and chile.
- Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally or until soft.
- Stir in corn, mushrooms, salt and pepper.
- Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a warmed serving dish and garnish with cilantro.
I also used some jalapeno and added garlic to add a little extra spice. Very nice side dish.
This was the perfect vegetable dish to serve with my recipe's #119723 - Kat's Spanish Rice and #110947 - Mexican Corn Bread. Very tasty even though I left the cilantro out and so quick to prepare. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe.
This made a great side dish for our Mexican dinner. I was out of mushrooms and too lazy to go back to the store so I just omitted them. The dish still turned out wonderful. Very easy to make and colorful for a nice presentation. Can't wait to make this again. Thanks for sharing another great recipe, Chicagopm.