Bacon Fried Corn
A nice alternative to the ordinary side dish! Found in the "Changing Thymes" cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups fresh corn (cut from 4 ears)
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons milk
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Fry bacon in a heavy skillet until crisp.
- Remove bacon and set aside, retaining 2 tablespoons bacon drippings in skillet.
- Cook onions in drippings for about 5 minutes.
- Add corn and bell peppers to onion.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until just soft.
- Add parsley, milk, salt and pepper to veggies, mix well.
- Sprinkle bacon pieces on top of vegetables.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This recipe is fabulous and soooo easy. I've made it as written and it is just perfec, butI've been making it over my lunch hour recently so to speed it up I have been using real bacon bits and canned corn. I just throw the bacon bits in the skillet about a minute before the corn with a 1/2 tbs of oil (i like enova) and in no time I have lunch! I've also tried throwing in 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes. Thanks so much for the recipe. It is a new favorite.