- Ready In:
- 6 ears of silver queen corn (or other white corn)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely diced (I like to use chopped green onion to add another color)
- 1⁄2 cup bacon drippings
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup if you want it to be ultra rich use half-and-half
- Over a large cast-iron skillet (or a nice, heavy skillet), cut and scrape the corn off the cobs so that you get the milky corn liquid. Add the onions to the skillet. Turn the heat to high.
- Add the bacon drippings and 1/4 cup of the butter to the skillet. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Cook for 3 minutes, browning the corn before stirring. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Stir in the milk and continue cooking until the milk is absorbed. Add the remaining 1/4 cup of butter. Cook until the butter is melted and mixed throughout.
Join The Conversation