Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 30 mins
Succulent, wine-laced short ribs. I serve these with roasted garlic mashed potatoes.
Make and share this Merlot Braised Beef Short Ribs recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Season the short ribs with salt and pepper and place in a roasting pan that's just large enough to hold them in a single layer.
- Roast for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the wine, stock, flour, sugar and mustard in a medium-sized pot and whisk until well combined. Mix in the onion, garlic and thyme.
- Bring to a boil, boil 2 minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Once the short ribs have roasted for 30 minutes, remove from the oven and drain away the excess fat.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F.
- Pour the wine/stock mixture over the ribs.
- Cover and bake for 2 hours or until the meat is very tender and falling off the bone.
- Skim any fat from the surface of the ribs before serving.