2 hrs 50 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Succulent, wine-laced short ribs. I serve these with roasted garlic mashed potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 F.
- 2Season the short ribs with salt and pepper and place in a roasting pan that's just large enough to hold them in a single layer.
- 3Roast for 30 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, place the wine, stock, flour, sugar and mustard in a medium-sized pot and whisk until well combined. Mix in the onion, garlic and thyme.
- 5Bring to a boil, boil 2 minutes and then remove from the heat.
- 6Once the short ribs have roasted for 30 minutes, remove from the oven and drain away the excess fat.
- 7Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F.
- 8Pour the wine/stock mixture over the ribs.
- 9Cover and bake for 2 hours or until the meat is very tender and falling off the bone.
- 10Skim any fat from the surface of the ribs before serving.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Merlot Braised Beef Short Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.1
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 647.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef short ribs