Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easiest ever, yummiest ever chocolate fudge. Well it's also the only chocolate fudge recipe I've ever used! This is a melt-in-your-mouth "hard" fudge - easy enough for kids to make (with appropriate supervision). I know I made it lots as a kid :)
- Before beginning get everything ready. This is a time sensitive recipe.
- Grease or line with alfoil a cake pan or deep biscuit tray for the finished product to set inches.
- Clear the sink and get a hand-beater ready.
- It really starts here:.
- Mix all ingredients in a medium saucepan and place over a low-medium heat. Stir until boiling.
- Rolling boil for 6 minutes - reduce heat to ensure it doesn't boil over, but is still at a rolling boil.
- Take off heat and place saucepan in sink (the lower height helps).
- Beat until it starts to thicken - a hand beater helps here as you can feel it thickening. This fudge goes from thickening to too far very quickly. The more beating it gets the better it is.
- Pour or scoop the almost set fudge into the tray.
- When set, cut into squares. A hot knife helps.
- Push nuts into almost set fudge.
- Add a flavouring before beating.
- If hand-beating, you can add a little water to the bottom of the sink to help the saucepan cool - the fudge thickens quicker - but isn't quite as good.
- Use an electric hand mixer to make the process painless - but watch the thickening.