Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
An attractive side dish.
Make and share this Mediterranean Spinach recipe from Food.com.
- Combine onions, garlic, dill and 1/4 cup water.
- Stir-fry over medium heat until onions are soft and almost all liquid has evaporated.
- Transfer mixture to bowl and stir in tomatoes.
- Keep warm.
- Add half the spinach to fry pan and 1 Tab water.
- Stir-fry over medium heat until spinach is just beginning to wilt.
- Add remaining spinach, stir-fry until all spinach is wilted (2 minutes) With slotted spoon, transfer spinach to a platter and spread out slightly; discard liquid from pan.
- Top spinach with tomato mixture Sprinkle with Feta and capers.
- Season to taste.
this was pretty good. i prefer sauteing the spinach in oil and not water. good with goat cheese instead of feta.
Found this to be superb & authentic. Reminded me of the foods we ate while touring Italy and Greece. Thank you for sharing.
Very tasty spinach dish! I loved the combo of flavors and was surprised at someone's comment that the dill made it awful. I used fresh dill and barely noticed it in this dish. I sauteed the onions, garlic and dill with a bit of olive oil...then also tossed in the tomatoes for a minute before removing all from heat. I loved the low fat method of cooking the spinach with water. I tried it and loved it. The pairing of capers and feta with this was also really great. I will definitely make this one again.