Chinese Style Spinach
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- 4 bunches fresh spinach (about 2 3/4 lbs)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce (may add more to taste, I just don't like it so salty)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- Remove the stems from the spinach; wash leaves thoroughly, and pat dry. Tear the spinach into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven or wok over high heat. Add the garlic; and saute 1 minute. Add the spinach; stir until coated with oil.
- Add the soy sauce and sugar; saute 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I've made spinach with garlic before, but the addition of soy sauce was new to me. I winged this a bit, as I was making just enough for me - perhaps 6 oz of fresh spinach, 2 cloves of garlic, and just a few drops of soy sauce - but you could tell it was there. Forgot about the sugar, will have to try that next time. A delicious side dish for literally just a few minutes of effort.
see 2 more reviews