Sarson Ka Saag (Punjabi Style Spinach)
- Ready In:
- 1 lb spinach, washed and chopped fine
- 1 lb mustard greens, washed and chopped fine
- 2 green chilies, chopped and deseeded
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic, grated
- salt, to taste
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 1 large onion, grated
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice or 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Mix the greens, green chillies and salt and boil in 1 cup of water until cooked (10-15 minutes). Using a blender or food processor, puree the mix to make a course paste.
- In another pan, heat the ghee on a medium heat. When hot, add the grated onion and saute until translucent. Add the rest of the other ingredients and saute until oil separates from the onion-spice mix.
- Add the greens mix to this pan and stir till blended. Simmer for 30 minutes on low heat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!