Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another light, easy dinner for a hot summer evening. Nice with garlic bread or toasted pita chips and hummus.
- 1 lb large unpeeled shrimp (smaller is fine too)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 6 cups lettuce, torn, romaine is especially nice
- 2 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 4 green onions
- 1 avocado, diced (may not be authentic, but delicious)
- 1⁄4 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- Greek salad dressing
- Thaw shrimp, shell and remove tails. Heat oil in skillet, add garlic and hot pepper flakes. Saute shrimp until opaque. Set aside in serving bowl.
- Combine all salad ingredients. Toss with dressing (use purchased dressing, or try one of many excellent 'Zaar choices). Serve immediately, topping with shrimp.
- You may want to reduce the amount of dressing used, or put less salt in if making from scratch - the olives and feta add saltiness.
- Grilled shrimp are very nice.
Great salad! I loved all of the ingredients. IMO, the key to the salad is a good salad dressing.
Excellent salad! Perfect for a easy summer meal. The salad itself is delicious and would be fine on its own, but adding the shrimp sends it right over the top. Will add to our regular rotation. Thanks for sharing!
Part of my new regime to eat healthier..Enjoyed the variety in this salad. Made it with spinach and shredded iceberg in hopes of getting hubby on board..Used my new mandolin to add slivered red onion,cucumber and green pepper. Left out the avocado on account of it's extra calories.. used a spritzer dressing to minimize calories.