My family just loves this bean salad. It provides a protein source for my vegetarian daughter and my omnivore husband likes it as well. I've adapted it from a recipe in Chatelaine Food Express, Quickies 2
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 (19 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed (or white kidney beans)
- 1⁄2 red pepper, julienned
- 1 green pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup stuffed green olive
- 2 tablespoons capers (optional)
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Gently fold together until evenly coated.
- Serve over greens.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This was a huge hit, and as it was so quick to make too that made it a hit all round. I made half the batch, exactly as written (ok, yellow pepper instead of red...), and I had a tin of mixed beans instead of just chickpeas. My daughter nearly finished off the entire batch. I imagine cutting the oil back would be equally good, but as is was nice and rich and I liked that the vinegar didn't overpower the dressing. Thanks Dreamer, I'm sure I'll make this again again and again.