Turkish Green Bean Salad
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 4 lemon wedges (for garnish)
- 1⁄4 cup yogurt
- In a large sauce pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. When the oil is hot, add the onion and garlic and saute 5 minutes until the onions are soft.
- Add the green beans, tomatoes, sugar, salt and pepper to the pot, cover and let stew over medium heat for 45 minutes or until the beans are very soft.
- Transfer the beans to a serving dish and garnish with chopped mint, lemon wedges and a dollop of yogurt on top.
Join The Conversation
We loved this salad served at room temperature. I did cut back on the sugar, as it seemed too much - we used less than a teaspoon and it was perfect! I must admit I had my doubts about the lemon drizzle, but it wouldn't have been the same without it. Delicious! Thanks for posting. Made for CQ4 play, Team Happy Campers.