Great side-dish for your next bar-b-que or potluck. Courtesy of Lyn Michaud
Make and share this Mediterranean Rice Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups long-grain rice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups chopped spinach leaves
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped kalamata olive
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add 1/2 teaspoons salt and the rice. Turn heat to low, cover and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork.
- In a large bowl, whisk lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, oregano, pepper, pepper flakes, and remaining tsp salt.
- Add rice to dressing and toss to combine. Add spinach, toss, and let sit until no longer steaming, about 20 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and toos to combine. Serve at room temperature or cold.