Recipe by cookiedog
Great side-dish for your next bar-b-que or potluck. Courtesy of Lyn Michaud
Top Review by Sarah_Jayne
I served this chilled and it worked really well with the flavors developing. I also used brown rice because it is what I keep in the house and like Evelyn I went for dried oregano. Made for ZWT4.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups long-grain rice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups chopped spinach leaves
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped kalamata olive
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add 1/2 teaspoons salt and the rice. Turn heat to low, cover and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork.
- In a large bowl, whisk lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, oregano, pepper, pepper flakes, and remaining tsp salt.
- Add rice to dressing and toss to combine. Add spinach, toss, and let sit until no longer steaming, about 20 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and toos to combine. Serve at room temperature or cold.