Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
- Ready In:
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 1⁄8 lbs chicken, rotisserie cooked
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 cup Coleslaw, prepared (optional)
- Combine the cider vinegar with the water, wine, oil, worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, paprika, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper in medium saucepan.
- Boil over high heat until reduced to 1 1/4 cups, about 15 minutes. Remove vinegar sauce from heat and set aside.
- Remove the skin and discard it. Then remove the meat from the chicken and shred it. Add the meat to the vinegar sauce and heat through, stirring gently.
- Pile the heated chicken on the hamburger buns and drizzle with extra vinegar sauce. Top with coleslaw and serve while warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
single mom, special education teacher, raising 2 teenage boys. Eat mostly low-fat, low calorie. Have cut out HFCS and saturated fats completely. We are looking and feeling so much better. <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">